In this Podcast:
Breaking up is hard to do! For Teachers working with young singers - You're not just firing a student, but the family as well. Although there is no guarantee that this awkward conversation will end well - there are professional guidelines that can help you "let them go" with grace and professionalism.
We share a lot of insight from our experienced colleagues in this episode, including some great teacher take-a-ways including:
- The unforgivable reasons why a student/family needs to go.
- important considerations to make before you "fire" the student
- Why e-mail and texting can cause even more problems
- strategies and best practices for having that "awkward" conversation
- What to do if it does not go well
- A great teacher tip that will help you avoid having this situation in the first place (it's a time saver too!)
- What we can learn from these unfortunate situations
Links mentioned in the podcast: